Do you have a TV series or film you would like to air nationally on PBS or American Public Television?
Here’s your opportunity to make a quick pitch for TV series and films for consideration by WETA, a major producer/presenter of programming for the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) and American Public Television (APT) across the United States.
WETA National Programming helps talented TV/web producers and filmmakers navigate the American public broadcasting landscape by providing co-production, editorial, station relations, marketing, syndication and distribution support.
Preparing Your Pitch:
Content must be educational, informational and entertaining with intellectual integrity and cultural merit. Projects may be finished, partially funded/produced, or in development with a list of potential program underwriters/sponsors.
Content categories most desired:
“How To”, Lifestyle, Cooking, Health, Home, History, Travel, Music, Arts, Drama or Comedy TV Series (four episodes or more) or films (drama, comedy or documentary) for adults age 35-65+. Series programs may be 30 or 60 minutes while films may range from 60 to 120 minutes. Successful international TV series/films, web series and radio programs adaptable to U.S. public television will also be considered.
For consideration, please email Denene Crabbs: firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1 deadline, no more than one page:
(1) your project title/category/program length
(2) names of producer, director and key persons involved
(3) project description (one or two paragraphs)
(4) estimated total budget (breakdown not required)
(5) amount of funding raised to date, list of funders/potential funders, or indicate if it's a finished project;
(6) link to project trailer, rough cut or demo reel (or mail DVD), if available;
(7) your contact information including phone, email, mailing address and any websites.
Submitters of projects selected for further consideration will be notified by May 1, 2013.
The first twenty email pitches will receive the fastest response.
Project Development Executive
WETA Television - National Programming
Last updated: Mar. 10, 2013