AccuWeather/State College, PA
- Work with Executive Producer to deliver a unique style for the AccuWeather Television Network.
- Produce recognizable programming that is distinctive, best-of-class production
- Deliver a comprehensive and creative explanation of weather news and information.
- Respond quickly and aggressively to breaking news and weather situations, contributing to the news team’s coverage.
- Seek and produce compelling, engaging video content for the AccuWeather Television Network.
- Lead the show production process, including development of rundowns, segments, series, story selection, graphics generation, video editing and script writing.
- Execute and deliver strong content in a smooth and clean fashion that flows well across the entire show
- Exercise strong editorial judgment and adhere to company’s standards and practices
- Other duties as assigned.
- Entrepreneurial spirit is necessary in this role
- BA or BS in journalism, communications or meteorology from an accredited institution
- Demonstrated experience in a dynamic, live news production environment at a television station or broadcast network
- Working knowledge of non-linear editing suites (Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, others) is required.
- Subject matter expertise in newsroom content management systems like ENPS, iNews, others)
- Knowledge and experience in broadcast style writing
- Working knowledge and experience with digital editorial programming tools, such as a CMS and/or OVP
- Must be a control room leader and a team player who leads by example and works well with production staff and other departments
- Understanding of basic meteorology and effective storytelling
- Working knowledge of Windows or Mac operating systems is required
- Regular and predictable attendance is required for this role
- Excellent written, verbal, and time management skills are necessary; communication is essential to success
- Must be available to work weekends, evenings, holidays and overnights
Posted at: June 11, 2020 @ 06:24pm