- Office: 516 699-2567
Jzi Studio LLc
I am a Chinese female independent filmmaker who has found my identity as an immigrant artist and activist throughout the course of making non-fiction films.
Jing Wang is a female immigrant filmmaker. Jing means “silence” in Chinese. Making non-fiction films is a journey for Jing to find her voice and strength in participating in American society. Jing graduated from The City University of New York Hunter College with a Master of Fine Arts in Integrated Media Art (MFA/IMA). Jing is also a member of the Biking Public Project advocacy group. Jing teaches at CUNY. Her goal in teaching is to inspire young artists to find their own voices by creating media artworks.
- Professional Credits
- Jing’s film “A Winter with Delivery Workers” was displayed in the Museum of the City of New York. The film was also screened at the Rooftop Film Festival and WNYC – The Greene Space. The short film was reviewed by the New York Times, Gothamist, World Journal, and China Press.
- NYWIFT Committees
- Career Focus, Communications, Development, Fund for Women Filmmakers, International, Moms Network, New Works Lab, Programming, Special Events, Women's Film Preservation Fund, Advocacy
- Content Types
- Children's Media, Documentary, Narrative Features, Episodic Drama, Music Video, Reality/Unscripted, Web series
- Assistant Director, Assistant Editor, Camera Operator, Editor: Film/Video, Educator, Post-Production Services, Post-Production Supervisor
- Countries Worked In
- Other Countries Worked In
- Foreign Languages Spoken
You are not logged in and thus only viewing a small portion of this profile. Members can log in to view the entire profile.