News12 / Altice USA
The candidate must also be able to conduct guest research, pre-interview guests, and put together smart and informative segments for air. You need to be able to work in a high-pressure environment and produce under tight deadlines. The successful candidate must be a self-starter and independent worker. At the same time, you must be adaptable and flexible, a team player who is able to mix easily and work effectively in our small and highly collaborative team. You are expected to be in the office during your shift each day. This is a temp role with the possibility of going permanent.
- Organize strong, compelling, audience-driven segments
- Write teases, segment intros, news readers, and guest segments.
- Recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television.
- Be able to develop story ideas, research, and plan segments.
- Attend all editorial meetings for your individual show + larger editorial meetings throughout the week
- Write scripts for live programming, conduct pre-interviews for guest segments
- Build show graphics and elements in rundown software
- Must always be ready to break in and assist with the latest news or developing stories.
- Must possess a strong collaborative spirit and understand the vision and creativity necessary to handle a newscast
- Be creative in new ways to produce and deliver content to viewers
- Conduct pre-show checks for your segments in ensure any errors are corrected before going live
- Work on special projects or series as needed for your show
- Coordinate with multiple different departments to meet deliverable deadlines and expectations
- Experience in live production
- 3+ years of live broadcast and control room experience.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Strong grammar, copy editing and communication skills.
- Familiarity with ENPS or similar rundown program.
- Working knowledge of production and post-production techniques.
- Familiarity with SEO, RSS, Twitter, Facebook and other social media.
- Organizational skills and ability to work under tight deadlines.