Apply Now to the Hire Her Back Fund
Applications for the Hire Her Back Fund are now open to members of NYWIFT, Women in Film LA, and Women in Film & Television Atlanta. Grants will support women whose careers in entertainment were adversely impacted by COVID-19. We are hopeful that these grants can provide some relief to the women and people of marginalized genders whose careers in the screen industries have suffered as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Fund has been organized by Women in Film LA and generously supported by Netflix, ShivHans Pictures CEO Shivani Rawat, and members of the community who have rallied together to offer what they could. Read more in Variety.
The grants will be administered by The Actors Fund. If you are in a position to help, contributions are still welcome. Donate to the fund.
“We at New York Women in Film & Television believe that in every tragedy there is opportunity to work creatively to unite our community. We know that the Latinx and Black communities and women over 50 were disproportionately impacted by COVID-19. As production finally resumes after this devastating crisis, we don’t want to take a step backward or lose sight of what progress still needs to be made. We must always continue to move forward. We look forward to work with our sisters in Women In Film Los Angeles on this important initiative.”
– NYWIFT Executive Director Cynthia López
Women In Film Los Angeles (WIF), Women In Film and Television Atlanta (WIFTA), and New York Women in Film & Television (NYWIFT) are offering emergency relief grants of $1,000 to members working in the entertainment industries of California, Georgia and New York.
Eligibility and documentation:
- Verified 2020 Membership in Women In Film Los Angeles, Women In Film and Television Atlanta, or New York Women in Film & Television. If your membership to WIF, NYWIFT or WIFTA was current at any point in 2020, even if it is now expired, you are eligible for the fund.
- Please verify membership by providing a screenshot or PDF of either (1) an email confirming your membership registration or renewal with WIF, NYWIFT or WIFTA; OR (for WIF and NYWIFT members only), (2) a screenshot of your member portal account summary showing your current term of membership.
- Recent checking and savings bank statements, including name, address and balance totals.
- A form of identification such as a current photo ID, lease, rent or mortgage statement, or household bill with your name and address.
- Contact information of grant recipients will be disclosed to the funder.