533 8th Street, Apt. 4R,
Brooklyn, NY, 11215, United States of America
- Web Links
K.Page Stuart Valdes
Writer, Director, Editor of narrative and documentary pieces that explore the race and class tensions in the US with both humor and pathos as well as educational pieces that promote equity and social and emotional learning.
K.Page Stuart Valdes is a New York-based writer, director, and musician. Her screenplay, Borderline 73, was a Academy Award Nicholls Screenwriting Fellowship semi- finalist and a Sundance Writer s Lab finalist and, under the name Midnight Oil, was a second rounder under at the Austin Film Festival. Her screenplay, Psychotropia, won Best Screenplay at the California Women s Film Festival, second place at the LA Underground Film Festival screenplay competition, was also a finalist for the Sundance Writer s Lab. Her short, Talking Piece, premiered at Detroit's Charles H Wright Museum of African American History, earned honorable mention at the San Francisco Black Film Festival, and screened at multiple festivals nationally and internationally winning the Complex Cultural Currents Award from Stories by the River Festival. Her short, Full Service, won the best short at the Katra Film Festival in NYC, screened in the African Diaspora Film Festival at Columbia University, and screened at numerous festivals.
- Professional Credits
- Screenwriter for narrative feature scripts: Borderline '73, Psychotropia, Midnight Oil. Writer, Director, Producer for shorts: Talking Piece and Full Service starring Broadway and television actor, Wayne Maugans. Writer, Director, Producer, Editor for short We Got This starring Jessica Frances Dukes of Ozark. Writer, Director, Producer, Editor for numerous educational videos for clients including Morningside Center for Teaching Social Responsibility and Teachstone, LLC. Assistant Director ( as K.Page Stuart) for features , The Metamorphosis of Ismaila Ba and Credible Fear directed by Malik Isasis. Casting Director (as Kristin Page Stuart) for award winning short Play Name. Producer credit: Leaving Priyanka, written and directed by Nikhil Kamkolkar.
- Industry Awards
- Academy Nicholl Screenwriting Fellowship Semi-Finalist (Borderline '73) Sundance Screenwriter's Lab Finalist (Borderline '73, Psychotropia) Austin Film Festival Second Round Screenwriting Competition (Midnight Oil) Best Screenplay California Women's Film Festival (Psychotropia) Honorable Mention for Screenwriting Los Angeles International Underground Film Festival (Psychotropia) San Francisco Black Film Festival Honorable Mention for short film Talking Piece San Francisco Black Film Festival Honorable Mention for short film Full Service Complex Cultural Currents Award at Stories by the River Festival for short film Talking Piece Best Short Award for Full Service at Katra Film Festival, Best Short Finalist at I Will Tell Festival for Full Service, Semi-finalist Filmmatic TV Pilot Award for Sone of a Mother.
- NYWIFT Committees
- Archive, Career Focus, Fund for Women Filmmakers, New Works Lab, Writers Group, Advocacy
- Content Types
- Children's Media, Narrative Features, Episodic Drama
- Director, Editor: Film/Video, Writer
- Business Types
- Nonprofit, Production Company
- Foreign Languages Spoken
- Other Languages Spoken
You are not logged in and thus only viewing a small portion of this profile. Members can log in to view the entire profile.