- Generate story ideas through research of news reports, social media, websites and contacts
- Strong understanding of Newsmax brand and talent
- Identify impactful news stories that result in provocative, compelling television
- Delegate responsibilities as appropriate to associate producers, assignment editors and video editors
- Produce timely content under heavy deadline pressure
- Keep current of local events and politics
- Attend editorial meetings
- Excel in a highly competitive, deadline-driven environment
- Possess strong writing skills, including ability to master tease writing
- Use sound editorial judgement and attention to detail to ensure standards
- Interact with viewers and users on social media sites
- Ability to work varying shifts, including nights, overnights, and weekends
- Integrate network marketing and promotional campaigns
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong writing and organizational skills required as is the ability to produce content under heavy deadline pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently.
- Attention to detail is must.
- Ability to collect and analyze data and information accuracy as well as follow through.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proactive and solutions focused.
- Professional appearance.
- Ability to work varying shifts, including nights, overnights, holidays and weekends
Posted at: June 11, 2020 @ 06:31pm