The Archive Project documents interviews with women who have been professionally active in New York since 1977. The interviews expound on and highlight women's contributions to film, television and digital media. All categories of professionals are represented—grips to DPs, executives to script supervisors, makeup artists to writers.
The Archive Committee is indebted to Nice Shoes Studio for their extraordinary attention to our post-production needs. Kudos to Jeff Kyle and Kristine Pregot.
The most recent group of interviewees included Marcie Setlow (project developer, manager and producer), Mary Dore (documentary film producer), Debra Zimmerman (executive director of Women Make Movies), Terry Casseletta (Union Representative), and Rolanda Watts (on-air news broadcaster) among others.
Bringing everyone together for the day of filming were Archive Committee Chair, Norma Davidoff, and producers Tracy Daniels, Ellen Zalk, and Lynda B. Kaplan. In addition:
Directors of Photography: Libby Casinelli, Jennifer Hahn, Barbie Leung, Megan Paznick, Flor Tejada
Assistant Camera: Joseph Atamaniuk, Brad Nelson
Editor: Rehema Trimiew
Interviewers: Peggy Daniel, Tracy Daniels, Norma Davidoff, Drake Stutesman, Ellen Zalk
Set Design: Agata Drogowska
Hair: Shante Hillian
Makeup: Lisa Makowski
Other Volunteers: Pamela Cruz, Donna Gross, Sara Ocea, Amanda Rosenberg, Noah Torres, Sari Weisman, Peggy Daniel, Tracy Daniels, Norma Davidoff, Drake Stutesman, Ellen Zalk
Want to help make the project a success?
Preserve our history! Donate online
- Suggest interviewees who have made significant contributions to the industry. Contact: Ellen Zalk, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteer. Do you have access to equipment (digital or high-quality video camera, microphones, lights)? Contact: Norma Davidoff, email@example.com.
- Contribute materials, such as video or audio tapes of NYWIFT events, rosters, newsletters and board packets. Contact: Peggy Daniel, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join the Archive Project Committee. Contact: Norma Davidoff at email@example.com.
- Download the Producers' Packet, which includes guidelines and a list of questions.
- Get to know the committee from an interview with its co-chairs.
Or via check:
New York Women in Film & Television
6 East 39th street, Suite 1200
New York, NY 10016
Note "Archive Project" on the check.
Join the conversation on Twitter: #nywift | @nywift
NYWIFT programs, screenings and events are supported, in part, by grants from New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council, and New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature.