Documenting women's contributions to film, television and digital media, the Archive Project interviews women who have been professionally active in New York since 1977. All categories of professionals are represented—grips to DPs, executives to script supervisors, makeup artists to writers.
The most recent group of interviewees included Rachael Horovitz (Producer, Moneyball), Wendy Blackstone (Music Composer, Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory) and Nina Rosenblum (Director/Producer, Ordinary Miracles). In 2011, the committee interviewed Barbara De Fina (Hugo), Leslie Harris (Just Another Girl on the I.R.T.) and Barbara Kopple (Harlan County), among others.
Want to help make the project a success?
Preserve our history! Donate online.
- Suggest interviewees who have made significant contributions to the industry. Contact: Ellen Zalk, email@example.com.
- Volunteer. Do you have access to equipment (digital or high-quality video camera, microphones, lights)? Contact: Norma Davidoff, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contribute materials, such as video or audio tapes of NYWIFT events, rosters, newsletters and board packets. Contact: Peggy Daniel, email@example.com.
- Join the Archive Project Committee. Contact: Marcie Setlow, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download the Producers' Packet, which includes guidelines and a list of questions.
- Get to know the committee from an interview with its co-chairs.
Or via check:
New York Women in Film & Television
6 East 39th street, Suite 1200
New York, NY 10016
Note "Archive Project" on the check.