The Adams’s Boys (1923)

Producer, Director, Writer, and Camerawoman: Angela Murray Gibson
(12 minutes) 16mm, b/w, silent
Grant Awarded to: State Historical Society of North Dakota
Archive: State Historical Society of North Dakota

The film is based on the poem of the same name by local North Dakota Poet James Foley, which describes the joyful escapades of the young Adams brothers.

Angela Murray Gibson was one of the early “camerawomen” during the silent era. She provided film for Kinograms, and then launched her own Gibson Studios in Casselton, North Dakota. Her studio produced educational, industrial and entertainment films in which she was featured as an actress, in addition to serving as writer, director, producer and camerawoman. Her films were mostly shot in the North Dakota area, and she recruited local townspeople to act in her films.