New York Women in Film & Television has partnered with Academy Award-winning studio NEON to present Shirley, a new film in which a famous horror writer finds inspiration for her next book after she and her husband take in a young couple.
Renowned horror writer Shirley Jackson is on the precipice of writing her masterpiece when the arrival of newlyweds upends her meticulous routine and heightens tensions in her already tempestuous relationship with her philandering husband. The middle-aged couple, prone to ruthless barbs and copious afternoon cocktails, begins to toy mercilessly with the naïve young couple at their door.
The proceeds from each ticket purchased at the below URL will help support us. Brief instructions on how to watch the film at home are below. Thank you so much for your support, and please enjoy Shirley!
How to watch:
1. Click our special link to visit NEON’s virtual cinema platform, where your one-time purchase of $5.99 will give you access to your virtual ticket to view the film.
2. To ensure that you are able to pause and revisit the film within your rental period, you will be required to create a free account.
3. After you have created an account and entered your payment information, your rental period will start immediately and last for 72 hours. You can view the film via the link in the receipt sent to your email, or simply click “Watch Film” when the confirmation page appears directly after purchase.
4. You will be able to easily watch the film at any time within this period on any of the following platforms:
- SMART TV (using the browser on your Apple TV, Android TV, Fire TV, Roku or Chromecast)
- MOBILE DEVICE (iPhone, iPad, Android)
- COMPUTER (by clicking on the link in your email receipt)